Interested in booking some Moreton Island Accommodation? No matter whether you love rolling out the swag, prefer a bit of luxury, or are comfortable with somewhere in between, we’ve got you covered.
Our Glamp sites are designed to get you unplugged and offline. They are nestled amongst the beautiful Melaleuca trees at Castaways, 100% solar powered and power-point-free, with the Bulwer beach just 100m from your tent (5 minutes’ walk).Each tent is beautifully furnished, with a queen size bed (and a set of bunk beds for a four-person tent), private ensuite and small deck to help you escape the fake minus the sandy bed and cold showers! You will have access to our glamp kitchen, which has a communal fridge, BBQ, utensils, tea / coffee station and seating area. There is also a fire pit to cook dessert on after!
Maximum 2 persons in a 2man glamp tent (can not fit a trundle).
- Nestled amongst the Melaleuca trees at Castaways
- 100% solar powered and power-point-free
- Bulwer beach just 100m from your tent
- Each tent is beautifully furnished
- Queen size bed (plus bunk beds for a 4 person tent)
- Private ensuite and small deck
- Access to glamp kitchen with communal fridge and BBQ
- Click here to book!
Our self-contained 2 & 3 bedroom units located above the Castaway’s store have everything you need and are located just 200 meters walking distance from the beach and Bulwer Shipwrecks. All cabins have fully self-contained basic kitchen, lounge and bathroom facilities, with linen and bath towels included.2 Bedroom units have two rooms, one containing a queen bed, the other two singles. A fifth person can usually be added in a trundle bed. 3 Bedroom units have three rooms with 2 queen beds, and one room with a set of bunks. A seventh person can usually bed added in a trundle bed.
- Self-contained 2 & 3 bedroom units
- Conveniently located above the Castaway’s store
- 200m walk from the beach and Bulwer Shipwrecks
- Self-contained basic kitchen, lounge and bathroom
- Linen and bath towels included
- Click here to book!
A camp ground is an allocated area (marked by totems) that is slightly in from the beach (walking distance) and has cold showers and drop toilets. There are no numbers allocated within the camping ground, it’s just first in, best dressed.
A camping zone is a bit of beach between A & B (also marked by totems) where you pick your favourite spot. There are existing areas behind the foredunes with clear 4WD access tracks. There are no facilities, bring your own portable toilets and camp showers or you are welcome to drive to the closest camp ground and use the facilities there. This is our full wilderness option.
Always keep in mind that Moreton Island is remote, and facilities are limited…unless you’re near Castaways, in which case a hot meal, hot shower & creature comforts are a short drive away.
- 5 Camp Grounds
- 5 Camping Zones (for the more adventurous!)
- Wrecks area has QLD Parks WiFi
- Campfires generally allowed in fireplaces or firepits
- Vehicle access permits available when booking the Micat
- Book vehicle/camping permits on Mulgumpin website
- Call QYAC on 07 3415 2816 for permit questions!
- Click here to read our Moreton Island Camping guide!
Castaways offers a VIP transfer service which picks you and your luggage up from the Micat landing (at the Tangalooma Wrecks), and drops you back to the Micat for your journey home. On the 25 minute 4WD to Castaways, our friendly Castaways guide will share some Moreton Island history, what island life is like as a local, and point out some beautiful wildlife.Depending on the season, you can spot Manta Rays, Whales, Dolphins, Turtles, Spotted Eagle Rays, Kookaburras, Brahminy Kites, Osprey and much more. You might even get some inside information on the locals’ secret fishing spots, but no promises! Adult return transfers are $65, children are $35. Don’t forget to add these to your accommodation booking.
Click here for more info.