We are very excited to welcome you to Moreton Island over the Summer period, and would like to clarify some of the restrictions imposed by the Queensland Government;
- Masks are no longer compulsory (wohoo!), so you can breathe easy on Micat and at Castaways.
- Please continue to check in with the QLD QR Code app when entering Micat or Castaways.
- The National cabinet has agreed that trains, trams, buses and ferries are essential, and therefore passengers will not be required to be vaccinated to travel on Micat after 17 December. Those people that are unvaccinated will need to wear a mask on board Micat.
- Castaways is considered a supplier of essential grocery items and therefore customers will not be required to be vaccinated to enter, but those unvaccinated customers will need to wear a mask when inside the store, and cannot dine in.
- Customers staying in Castaways glamping and units will not be required to be vaccinated, but will be required to wear a mask whilst inside Castaways accommodation if they are unvaccinated.
Gheebulum Kunungai National Park (Moreton Island National Park)
At this stage, there is no Public Health directive regarding visiting or travelling through a National Park (whether a resident or independent
traveller) being required to be vaccinated.
However, if you are camping, you will be required to be vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to their stay. For further information regarding this, please contact Mulgumpin Camping.
To keep up-to-date with essential information regarding COVID-19 restrictions, please visit the following useful website links. Importantly,
if you feel unwell, get tested.
- The Queensland Government COVID Safe Public Transport Plan.
- The Queensland Government Roadmap to easing restrictions.
- The Queensland Government COVID19 official website.
- Information on downloading the COVIDSafe App.
If you need to cancel or alter your booking due to COVID-19 restrictions, please see our COVID cancellation policy below.
Thank you for your patience in awaiting this information. As always, we will keep you updated on any Queensland Government restrictions that may affect your booking as soon as possible.
We can’t wait to welcome you to Moreton Island!
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
In this new world that we live in, it’s possible that your holiday might need to be cancelled on a moment’s notice due to a border closure, lockdown or health directive (thanks COVID). If that does happen, we will issue you with a gift certificate for the full value of your booking (waiving all applicable fees) and alter the expiry date to allow you 2 years to use your credit (this just means that you need to book in the next 2 years, so your holiday could be up to 3 years from the date of cancellation).
If this happens to you:
Step 1. Cancel your booking: please login to your customer account here and cancel all relevant bookings (walk-on, accommodation, vehicle as applicable).
Step 2. Send us an email: please email email@example.com (or respond to the confirmation of cancellation) and explain that you were unable to travel due to a border closure, lockdown or health directive.
Step 3. We will respond to your email confirming receipt, re-send your gift certificate with the correct credit amount and extend the expiry.
Step 4. Re-book your holiday and start the count down again !
Please note that for all other cancellations, our standard terms and conditions will apply (you will find these here).