Step 1 – Plan Your Adventure
What do you want to do on Moreton Island? Whether you want to go snorkelling, fishing, 4wding, sandboarding, relax at Castaways restaurant, have a campfire, there’s always something enjoyable going on here.
Take a look in further detail about some of the options you’ll have when visiting this beautiful part of South-East Queensland:
Step 2 – Book the Ferry
The Micat operates on a demand-based timetable, so during our busy periods we can run up to 5 times per day. During the quiet times we generally don’t run at all on a Wednesday, and only run once per day on other days except Friday and Sunday when we run twice.
As the Micat takes approximately 90 minutes to reach Moreton Island, our turnaround time is approximately four hours (including loading), so make sure you get in quick to get the best departure time from Brisbane and Moreton (no one wants the 10pm service off the island!).
- Bookings are essential for both passengers and vehicles on the Micat.
- If you’re planning on taking your 4WD over for a weekend, or a long weekend during summer, we recommend booking at least 4 weeks in advance to get the best ferries.
- If you’re looking to travel in the September, Easter or Christmas QLD school holidays, or Easter itself, we recommend booking 6 months in advance to get the best travel times. The most popular ferries generally book out around 5 months prior to departure for these periods.
- If you are camping in peak times we recommend you check availability with National Parks before you book the ferry as campsites book out very quickly!
- We recommend booking your walk-on tickets a week prior to travel, and if you’re travelling in school holidays, at least 2 weeks prior.
Click here to view our vehicle sizing guide
Please note that this table is a guide only, the best way to book your vehicle correctly is to measure it.
Chevrolet Single cab 5.2 – 6m Dual Cab 5.2 – 6m Dodge Ram 6-7m Fuso Earth cruiser 6-7m Ford F100 6-7m F250 6-7m F350 6-7m Single cab 5.2 – 6m Dual Cab 5.2 – 6m Great wall Dual Cab 5.2 – 6m Holden Wagon up to 5.2m Single cab 5.2 – 6m Dual Cab 5.2 – 6m Isuzu Wagon up to 5.2m Single cab 5.2 – 6m Dual Cab 5.2 – 6m NPS 6-7m Landrover Wagon up to 5.2m Mitsubishi Wagon up to 5.2m Single cab 5.2 – 6m Dual Cab 5.2 – 6m Mazda Wagon up to 5.2m Single cab 5.2 – 6m Dual Cab 5.2 – 6m Mercedes Wagon up to 5.2m Unimog 6-7m Nissan Wagon up to 5.2m Single cab 5.2 – 6m Dual Cab 5.2 – 6m Toyota Wagon up to 5.2m Single cab 5.2 – 6m Dual Cab 5.2 – 6m Creative conversion 5.2-6m/6-7m
Step 3 – Book your Accommodation
No matter whether you’d rather sleep in a swag under the stars, in a tent, in a bed, glamping, or something else, we’ve got you covered. Check out some of the Moreton Island Accommodation options we are able to offer visitors to the Island!
Please follow the links to learn more about the different types of Moreton Island Accommodation we have available to book: