Our commitment to providing safe travel to Moreton Island is our highest priority, along with ensuring the wellbeing of all customers and staff.
To this end, we have made the below changes and requests for upcoming travel;
- We have capped ferry numbers to ensure everyone has the personal space they need to travel safely. To support this, we are recommending all customers please book in advance.
- We are increasing frequency of sanitising measures between each ferry trip to ensure tables, hand rails and benches are sanitised
- We ask that if you are feeling unwell or showing any symptoms of a cold you refrain from travelling on Micat. This is the same policy we have with our staff also.
- We ask that if you have recently returned from overseas travel, please refrain from travelling on Micat.
- Please thoroughly wash your hands, avoid touching your face, and unnecessary touching of other people.
- Our staff will be refraining from physical touch and standing further back from your vehicle, we ask that you also respect the personal space of other customers and staff.
- We will be accepting EFT payments ONLY at the Cafe on Micat and at Castaways.
Please remember, you can remain in your vehicle for the duration of your trip to the island (where you’re unlikely to encounter a crowd!).
We hope that these small changes will create peace of mind for your travel to Moreton . If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0427 623 489 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Sorry about the temporary number, we’ll have 3909 3333 back up and running in no time.
We are committed to doing whatever we can to ensure Moreton Island remains a safe haven for the community. Coronas, sun and sandy feet welcome, but let’s keep it a coronavirus free zone!